Friday, October 2, 2015

Rocky Road Chocolate Cookies!!!

Hello!  Yes, I know it's been a very long time.  Tons of things have happened in the time since my last post, and I'll maybe write about them sometime in another post.  But for now - you MUST try these cookies. 

Rocky DSC_0012

I made these a few days ago and they have stayed soft and chewy - which is my cookie preference.  They aren't too sweet either (which normally I prefer).

Rocky DSC_0004

Here's the goods you need -
  • 1/2 cup butter
  • 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
  • 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips (I'll explain below)
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla
  • 1 1/2 cups flour
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp kosher salt
  • 1 cup pecans - chopped, or use my lazy method below.
  • 1-2 cups of miniature marshmallows (read below)

My new oven takes FOREVER to preheat, so if yours is like mine - start your oven preheating to 400 degrees F. 

On the stove, melt together the butter and 1 cup of the chocolate chips.  Don't let them burn, just melt everything together.  Set this aside to cool.

Mix together the sugar, melted chocolate/butter combo and then add in the eggs, vanilla and salt.  Blend in the flour, baking powder.  Add in the chocolate chips and 1 cup of the miniature marshmallows.

Because I'm lazy, I took pecan halves and with my KitchenAid mixer on, I added the pecan halves into the batter at this time.  The mixing of the KitchenAid chops up the nuts well enough for me. 

I lined my cookie sheet with parchment paper and the cookies didn't stick at all.  This also makes for an easy clean up, which I love.  Drop the cookies in round balls onto the cookie sheet (I use a cookie scoop). 

From the remaining cup of marshmallows, add several miniature marshmallows to the top of each cookie.  Use your judgement here - I liked the look of 3 on each cookie. 

Bake at 400' for 7 minutes (your oven might take a tad longer - my oven seems to be cooking hot).  I let them cool on the cookie sheet for about a minute and then I move them to a wire rack for longer cooling. 

Rocky DSC_0001

Seriously, these are fantastic. 

Enjoy!


No comments: