Thursday, July 8, 2010

Watermelon Mojitos - YUM!



The other night we had dinner at my Mom's house. While we were there, we made the watermelon mojitos that were shown in July's Food Network Magazine. They were quite good.

I changed their recipe a bit - because you know me - I can't just leave anything alone.

Here's what you need to make these:


Watermelon
Juice of 1 lime
2 teaspoons of sugar
(this was a tad bit too much sugar - I'd suggest cutting this back. And for the record - I don't think I have ever said anything had too much sugar in it.)
Mint leaves
2 ounces of white rum
(My switch on it - I used coconut rum. Coconut rum = yummy!)
Ginger ale
Ice

Start by putting your watermelon, lime juice, sugar, and mint into your glass.


Then muddle everything together.


Don't stop until it's all muddled. If it isn't muddled good, the watermelon chunks will get stuck in your straw, so keep muddling away.

(I like to say muddle - can you tell?)


Once it's all muddled (sorry) then you add your rum

(coconut rum if you want to be like me - and you do want to be like me)

then you add your ice and top it off with ginger ale.

Here's the lovely finished drink. I might have to go make one now.


Enjoy!

1 comment:

Donna said...

I have watermelon and rum, I need mint stat! Love Mojitos! Never had one with watermelon. Going to be trying these for sure!!