However, I happen to have a lot of beer currently in my house left over from several parties, so I've been looking for beer recipes to use up this beer.
I found this recipe and it's great! It's very easy and uses ingredients that I almost always have on hand.
Here's how you make it:
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 4 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar (I add a bit more, about 1/2 cup- I know, your shocked)
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can or bottle beer
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, baking powder, salt and brown sugar. Pour in beer, stir until a stiff batter is formed. It may be necessary to mix dough with your hands. Scrape dough into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 50 to 60 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of the loaf comes out clean.
Be sure to give this a try - your gonna love it!