Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Kiss That Frog

My brother David has stumbled (or perhaps figured out) why my blog is named Kiss That Frog. No, I do not like to kiss amphibians. No, Rominal is quite a good kisser (thankyouverymuch) and it was not about him. It's the name of a song. If I were to have to name my favorite song - it would have to be Kiss That Frog by Peter Gabriel. For those of you who are not familiar with this song - I feel you must hear it now.




The song just makes me happy - it's very upbeat and makes me smile. So, when I was trying to come up with a name for my blog, Rominal was giving me suggestions. He asked what my favorite song was and that's how the blog became this.

It's appropriate that David is the one who figured it out. I owe a lot of my music knowledge to him. He has introduced me to many artists that I would not normally have ever heard. Some of them are quite high up on my list of favorites - Xavier Rudd and Sonia DaDa, just to name a few.

I was thinking about posting the question to see who could figure out where the name came from, but David beat me to it. So - congrats David! You win the satisfaction of having solved the question before it was even asked. Sorry - no cash involved.

No comments: