Sunday, May 31, 2009

Pineapple Oatmeal Bake

This recipe is one I've had for many years, and I had kinda forgotten about it. I pulled it out today and decided to make this for my breakfast this week.

The recipe is so old that I'm not sure where I originally got it from, but I've also made some changes so it is no longer the original recipe.

It starts with pineapple, preferably in its own juice.



Spray an 8x8 pan with cooking spray. Drain the pineapple, but keep the juice. Spread the pineapple in a single layer in the pan.



Mix the remaining ingredients (recipe below).



Pour the mix over the pineapple.



Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes.




Here's the finished product. It's not the best picture because we cut into it too early, but it was good.



Here's a picture of the finished product in the pan.



Pineapple Oatmeal Bake
  • One 20oz can of pineapple tidbits, in their own juice - drain and reserve juice
  • 1 1/3 cup old fashioned oatmeal
  • 1/2 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
  • 2 eggs
  • 3/4 cup reserved pineapple juice
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp kosher salt
  • 1/4 cup Splenda

** As I am typing this I just realized that my original recipe called for 1/2 cup apple sauce, but I forgot to put it in. So, if you want to be authentic, add the apple sauce. I didn't miss the applesauce though.

Mix all of the ingredients except for the pineapple. Spray a 8x8 pan with cooking spray, spread the pineapple on the bottom of the pan. Pour the mix over the pineapple. Bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes.

If you divide this into 6 servings, this is 3 Weight Watchers points per serving. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Wendy said...

I stumbled onto your blog. I'm a Wendy too. Love your recipe for pineapple and oatmeal! I'm at www.wendysfavoriteplace.blogspot.com