Sunday, March 7, 2010

Poppy Seed Poundcake Muffins


I promised that I would post the recipe for the Poppy Seed Poundcake muffins that Peggy and I made last week when I was in Colorado. But first, doesn't that look like a huge muffin in the picture above?

Looks can be deceiving. It was actually a mini muffin. So cute!


Man, my hands need some lotion.

Anyway, Peggy got this recipe from a Colorado cookbook - I forgot to write down which one.

I was also too lazy to write down the recipe, so I did this:



I took a picture of the recipe! I love my new camera!



In case you can't read it, here's the recipe:

Ingredients:
2 cups all-purpose flour
3 teaspoons poppy seeds
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter
2 eggs
1 cup plain yogurt
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract

Directions - makes 12 muffins - or more mini ones (not sure how many, we ate them too fast)
In small bowl, stir together flour, poppy seeds, salt and baking soda. In large bowl, cream together sugar and butter. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Beat in yogurt and vanilla until well blended. Stir in flour mixture until moistened thoroughly. Spoon batter into greased muffin tins and bake at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool muffins on wire rack for 5 minutes before serving.









These were quick to pull together, and quick to disappear.
Enjoy!

2 comments:

Donna said...

Yummy! Those would have been perfect with my morning coffee. I have to get back to baking soon.
The top photo of the muffin does make it look large. Those mini muffins, well I could pop several of those babies in my mouth real quick!

Peggy said...

It's the Créme de Colorado Cookbook sold by the Junior League of Denver. It has quite a number of tasty recipes; come on back and we'll cook some more. :-)