Friday, April 9, 2010

Pizza Dough



The other day I went to lunch at a nice restaurant in Dallas. For an appetizer, we had flat breat with Parmesan cheese and olive oil. It was yummy. So yummy in fact, that I tried to create it again for dinner that night.

This wasn't quite the same as what I had at the restaurant, but it was still good. And this was very easy to make as well. I got the original recipe here.

Ingredients
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 (.25 ounce) package active dry yeast
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon white sugar (I, of course, added just a bit more)
1 cup warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)

Directions
1.Combine flour, salt, sugar, and yeast in a large bowl. Mix in oil and warm water. Spread out on a large pizza pan. Top as desired.
2.Bake at 375 degrees C (190 degrees C) for 20 to 25 minutes.

Here's my dough - I used my Kitchen Aide to mix it up.



Here's my pan, greased with olive oil.


Before I baked my dough, I spread olive oil on top,



and I grated this much Parmesan cheese,





I sprinkled the dough with kosher salt, cracked pepper, oregano, and the cheese.



Then I baked it following the directions. Here's the finished dough.



We sliced it up and ate it with dinner.



The leftovers were good toasted the next day too.




Enjoy!

1 comment:

Donna said...

Yummy! I love a good pizza dough and with Parmesan Cheese? Yes Please!