Tuesday, September 20, 2011

BBQ Pulled Pork, I mean Chicken

9-3-11 (21) When I'm looking for a new recipe, I always tend to go for ones that only use a few ingredients. It keeps things simple, and I like that.

Even better if the ingredients are ones that I already have on hand.

I'm also trying to find recipies that work in a crock pot, but don't come out tasting like rubber.

This recipe fits both of my requirements.

Here's what you need. The original recipe came from here.

Ingredients
6 frozen skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (I did not use frozen chicken and it worked just fine.)
1 (12 ounce) bottle barbeque sauce
1/2 cup Italian salad dressing
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce

Directions
1. Place chicken in a slow cooker. In a bowl, mix the barbecue sauce, Italian salad dressing, brown sugar, and Worcestershire sauce. Pour over the chicken.
2. Cover, and cook 3 to 4 hours on High or 6 to 8 hours on Low. (I had mine in the crock pot for about 5 hours, then I "pulled" it and returned it back to the crock pot for another hour)
3. Remove chicken and "pull" it apart, return chicken to crock pot for about an hour.

Here's the chicken cooking in the crock pot. 9-4-11 (22)

After your chicken has cooked, remove one piece at a time and "pull" the chicken using two forks. 9-3-11 (4)

Return the pulled chicken back to the crock pot. 9-3-11 (5)

After about an hour, serve the chicken on toasted buns. We served ours with cole slaw on top. It was a nice addition. 9-3-11 (21)

I have made this twice now - it really is quite good!

Enjoy!

2 comments:

Donna said...

This looks so delicious! I have not had dinner yet. Any left overs?

Donna said...

P.S. I love that you post cooking and baking recipes. I have not done that in a long time!