Saturday, May 30, 2009

Dinner Ideas

Good evening! I thought I would share with everyone what we had for dinner tonight.

But first, I had to show off the flowers that Rominal sent to me on our anniversary. Even though I've had them since Wednesday, they still look great - and they smell so wonderful!

In the background of this picture, you can see our hummingbird feeder outside the window. That's been one busy hangout this year - we have had tons of hummingbirds! Luckily, you can't see the cat nose prints on the window.








Ok - now on to dinner. Tonight we had chicken and sweet potato chips. For the sweet potatoes, I first peeled them, then tossed them in a baggie and added about 2 tsp of olive oil, some kosher salt, and pepper and then shook them around a bit. Here they are:


Then I spread them out in a single layer on a pan lined with parchment paper. Oh how I love parchment paper! I put them in a 400 degree oven and let them cook while I started on the chicken.



For the chicken, I put a tiny amount of olive oil in a hot pan. I don't measure much, so here's how much oil I put in:


Then I salted and peppered the chicken (I used bone in and skin on chicken this time) and put the chicken in the hot pan with the skin side down first. I let the chicken hang out there for a bit until the skin was good and browned like this:


I let the other side brown for a bit, then I tossed in some tarragon and a bit (another teaspoon maybe?) of olive oil and put the cover on the skillet. I then put the skillet into the oven along with the potatoes.
The chicken cooked for about 40 minutes, but I was distracted, so I'm not real sure on time. Cook them until they are done, ok?
Here's the final product:


Bailey is sitting next to me right now and she just said, "Oh, those potato fries were so good!" Rominal does not like sweet potatoes, so that just meant more for me and Bailey. Yeah!
Hope you are having a good weekend!

No comments: