Sunday, May 17, 2009

Butterscotch Coffee Cake

Mom came and spent the night with us last night. Rominal made us a wonderful dinner, which I will tell you about in another post, but for now we will focus on the dessert that Mom and I made.

This is a recipe from Mom's husband's granddaughter, Amanda. Here's the ingredients:

  • 1 box yellow cake mix
  • 1 3.5 oz box butterscotch instant pudding
  • 1 3.5 oz box vanilla instant pudding
  • 4 eggs
  • 1 cup canola oil
  • 1 cup cold water
  • 1 cup dark brown sugar (although we only had light brown sugar so that's what we used)
  • 1 cup chopped nuts (optional) Note- Amanda apparently puts chopped up Heath bars instead of the nuts. And even though I've never met Amanda, this is how I know that I would like her. We followed her suggestion.
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
Mix cake mix, puddings, eggs, oil and beat until smooth, then add the water and mix until creamy. To make the crumb topping, in a separate bowl mix the brown sugar, cinnamon and nuts or Heath bar.

Grease a 9x13 pan and pour 1/2 of the batter in. Sprinkle 1/2 of the crumb topping over the mix, then pour on top the rest of the batter and top with the remaining crumb topping.

Bake at 350 degrees for 45-55 minutes - test with a toothpick to see if it's done.

And yes, it is not appropriate that I am following up my last diet post with a dessert recipe, but whatcha gonna do about it.

Here's some action shots along the way.

The goods:






Before it goes into the oven.




The final product. Yummy! Thank you Amanda for contributing to my diet downfall.


No comments: