Sunday, January 15, 2012

Mmmmm, Chocolate Cake

Baking (55)

Hello There!  I'm still catching up from my blogging rest.

Baking (52)

I made this cake a couple of times over the holidays and it is a crowd pleaser.  I though I would share it with you.

Mmmmm, Chocolate Cake
from The Cake Mix Doctor, by Anne Byrn
  • 1 package (18.25 ounces) chocolate cake mix, I used a German Chocolate mix
  • 1 package (3.9 ounces) chocolate instant pudding mix
  • 4 large eggs
  • 1 cup sour cream
  • 1/2 cup warm water
  • 1/2 cup vegetable oil
  • 1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350'.  Spray a bundt pan with spray (love me some Pam baking spray - smells so good!).  If your bundt pan has a tendency to stick, you might want to flour this too.  Mine works really well, so it wasn't an issue.

Basically mix everything together, except for the chocolate chips.  Add those in after everything else is mixed.  Pour the mix into the pan and put it in the oven.

Bake at 350' for 45-50 minutes. 

You'll know it's done when a knife or toothpick comes out clean.  I remove the cake from the pan and let it cool on a cooling rack for a bit.

Moms (176)

I tried drizzling a powered sugar icing on the cake one time I made it, and another time I sprinkled the cake with powdered sugar.  I like the powdered sugar sprinkling best.  But if you make the cake, you can decide which works best for you.  I'm flexible that way. 

It's a moist, delicious cake, and super easy to make. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Donna said...

I received this recipe at my wedding shower years ago. It is always a hit when I serve it! Triple chocolate heaven! I melt chocolate chips and pour that over the top. Too much chocolate! NEVER!