Well then - it's time to make Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins!
I got the beginnings of this recipe from my friend Donna, but since she never reads my blog, I'm going to claim it as my own. Actually, I've made so many changes to her recipe that the two aren't even close anymore. Her recipe was originally for banana bread, but I prefer muffins. They are cuter than bread.
Here's what you need:
- Cream 1 cup of butter and then add the rest in order
- 1 cup of sugar
- Bananas - the original recipe calls for 3, but I add how ever many I have on hand. Today it was 5.
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups of flour (original recipe says to sift the flour - yeah right!)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt (my addition)
- 5 Tbs milk
- I add cinnamon, probably around 1 tsp or a bit more - just because I hear it is good for you, and I happen to like it
- 1 cup (or however much I have on hand) of milk chocolate chips. I actually just stir the mix around until it looks like there are enough chips - I'm very precise that way
- Nuts if you desire (today I first roasted some walnuts and then added about a cup)
Bake them at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.
Look at those chocolate chips peeking out!
Here's the yummy finished product - with the melty chocolate chips all inside.
So, when you have brown bananas, make muffins! Enjoy!