Thursday, April 30, 2009

Alton Brown's Turbo Hummus

The other day I made Alton's Brown's recipe for Turbo Hummus. You can find it here on the Food Network website.



Here's the ingredients you will need. I like recipes that don't require too many ingredients. And, you know me - I rarely follow a recipe exactly. In an effort to reduce some calories, I only used 1 tablespoon of olive oil and instead used more of the bean juice. Also, as you can see, I used reduced fat peanut butter.







I put the garlic in the food processor all by itself and gave it a whirl to help chop up the garlic finely. I put in 2 1/2 cloves of garlic and that ended up being a bit much. I think I just had really strong garlic this time.






Here's the somewhat finished product. It might not look too appetizing, but it is good.







And it's an excellent way to use up the other half of the jicama from the other day.





1 comment:

Mom (Suzie) said...

We love this hummus. You shared the recipe with us several years ago. Howard makes it all the time, but he puts in 3 or 4 times as much garlic. No vampires visit our house!