Thursday, April 16, 2009

Smoothie Post Update

I'm hoping by now everyone has made the smoothie recipe that I posted the other day. Today Bailey and I made a banana one that was so good I just had to tell you about it.

First of all - I have a tip!

I had several bananas that had all turned brown on the outside (perfectly ripe on the inside though) and I knew we wouldn't get around to eating them before they passed their prime. My family was already turning their noses up at them. I didn't want to make banana bread, because that would hurt my diet efforts so I needed to come up with something else. I had tried to freeze bananas in the past and it didn't work out. The peel was impossible to peel off. So, I had this wonderful idea - I peeled the banana and wrapped it up in plastic wrap, then I put it in the freezer. The next day the frozen bananas are the perfect color - they didn't turn brown or look gross. Perfect for a smoothie!

So, today for our snack I took out 2 frozen bananas and tossed them into the blender, added my skim milk, a couple of packets of Splenda and some vanilla. Set your blender on whirl and you have a glass of goodness! I think this is my new favorite smoothie flavor. Bailey loved it as well.

No comments: