Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Strawbery Soup

Can you name the theme that my last few posts have had? And just to make it more difficult, this recipe doesn't involve butter! That's a first!



I'll give you a minute to think it over. In the meantime, let me refresh your memory. This is the third post resulting from the marathon baking/cooking weekend that I had with my mom.



On Father's Day, we took a lunch over to my Grandfather's retirement home and we all had lunch together. One piece of our menu included Strawberry Soup. I got this recipe from Allrecipes and the original recipe is here.



INGREDIENTS

2 pints strawberries
2 cups plain yogurt
1/2 cup orange juice
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup water
1/8 teaspoon ground cardamom



Put everything into a blender and whirl away. Chill before serving.



Mom, Bailey and I loved this dish. We let Bailey and her friend Tiffany sample a bit of it on Saturday and they immediately declared their love. Tiffany went a bit further and proposed marriage to this soup. It's that good.



The guys, especially Rominal, didn't quite get the whole idea of a fruit soup. Rominal said that it tasted like melted strawberry ice cream.



Yeah, and the problem would be?



After this comment from Rominal, Mom and I decided that we loved this soup no matter what he said and that our problem might just be that we needed a taster with more sophisticated tastes.



Anyway - I highly recommend this soup.





No comments: