Sunday, April 12, 2009

Delicious Raspberry Oatmeal Cookie Bars

Happy Easter!

I thought I would share a recipe today. I am bringing these to my husband's family's gathering today. These bar cookies normally get pretty good reviews, and I was specifically asked to bring these.

I found this recipe on Allrecipies.com, and I have only made slight changes. I normally double the recipe and use a 9x13 inch pan. Also, I always use Kosher salt, I just think it tastes better - and it's the only salt I have in the house.

For this batch, I actually tripled the recipe. In the past I thought that the amount of "bar" under the jelly wasn't enough to hold the bar together. So, I tripled the batch and I think this worked well. Also, I would recommend putting the pan in the fridge before you cut the cookies into squares. The butter needs to harden up to make the cookies cut easier.

The original recipe is here - Delicious Raspberry Oatmeal Cookie Bars. Enjoy!


1 comment:

PK said...

Yummy. I'm sure it would have been MUCH better if we had test drove them last week when I WAS THERE! But never mind. Happy Easter.