Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Cheesecake Brownies


One of the goodies that I made before Christmas was these Cheesecake Brownies. (I should mention here that these pictures were taken with my old camera - because I'm sure you can totally tell the difference.) I decided to mix it up a bit and I made them into tiny cupcake size bites. They turned out quite well, and it was super easy to do.

Here's the original recipe and the only modification I made was to bake them in the tiny cupcake cups.

Cheesecake Brownies

Ingredients
1 (19.8 ounce) package brownie mix
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
1 egg
1/3 cup white sugar

Directions

1.Prepare the brownie mix as directed by manufacturer. Preheat oven to temperature indicated on box. Grease a 9x13 inch pan.

2.Spread the brownie batter evenly into the prepared pan. Using an electric mixer, beat together the cream cheese, egg and sugar until smooth. Dollop the cream cheese mixture on top of the brownie batter. Swirl together using a knife or skewer.

3.Bake according to manufacturer's instructions. Brownies will be done when a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool in the pan, then cut into bars and serve. (I cooked them at 325' for about 30 minutes. I just kept checking them until they looked done.)


1 comment:

http://www.holzerian.com/dblog said...

Cheesecake + Brownies = LOVE!
These look really yummy especially at this time of day! Right after lunch has settled, ready for sweets! Thanks for checking up on me. I have lots to blog about but my free time lately comes around 10 at night and by that time I am ready for some ZZZZZZZ. I'll get my groove back. :)