Thursday, January 7, 2010

It's so cold!

It's very cold here today - I believe our high was around 30 degrees today, and it is supposed to stay below freezing for the next several days.

Our school district panicked and closed the schools around 5:30 this morning. How do I know they made this decision around 5:30 this morning? Well, I know that because they have an automatic calling system, which called our house at, yes - you guessed it - 5:30 this morning.

Getting phone calls in the middle of the night or really early in the morning is never a good thing, but this one gave us mixed emotions.

I was happy that the schools were closed, since that meant that the roads were pretty bad outside. I was not happy to be waken up at 5:30 to be told about this. I would have seen it on the news about 30 minutes later.

We all know how wonderful those last few minutes of sleep are, right? Well, I missed mine today.

So, imagine my surprise when the sun finally came up to see that our roads were completely clear - not a drop of ice or snow anywhere. There was no reason to close the schools - at least that I could tell.

I can't complain too much. I worked from home today. Which allowed me to witness this.

Bailey and Twister all snuggled up together, and they appear to both be watching her Zune.

I guess Twister didn't like what they were watching.


Doesn't he look like he's trying to tell her to skip through this part? Maybe it's scary.


Awww, they both fell asleep. How cute!

Wait, I think someone was faking it.

Twister was serious though.


I hope everyone is warm and snuggled up!


I made Chicken Tortilla Soup tonight, and I have to say, I was quite pleased with it. I'll post the recipe in my next post.

2 comments:

Reading Allowed said...

closed the schools for 30 degrees??? ya'll are babies. I think our high was 7 today? -3 while I was driving home from work.

Donna said...

It was 17 degrees this morning and felt like O! School and work is closed today due to light snow dusting and ice on the roads. Yea! Happy Friday! Love the photo sequence. I am a sucker for cats. I do have four!