Saturday, July 3, 2010

Rosemary Ranch Chicken Kabobs



With the 4th of July being tomorrow, I thought I would share a great grilling recipe. We will be at a family member's house tomorrow, and I will spend today baking tons of cookies to take with us.

I made these Rosemary Ranch Chicken Kabobs the other day and they were quite good.

I originally made this recipe without cutting the chicken into kabob shapes - just leaving the chicken breasts whole and the marinade was good on that as well.


But for this post, I shall tell you about the kabobs.



Here's the recipe for the marinade. I got the original from here.

Ingredients
1/2 cup olive oil
1/2 cup ranch dressing
3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary
2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon white vinegar (I used apple cidar vinegar)
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper, or to taste
1 tablespoon white sugar, or to taste (optional)
5 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cut into 1 inch cubes (for actual kabobs, I only used 3 chicken breasts, but there were only 3 of us eating)

Directions
1.In a medium bowl, stir together the olive oil, ranch dressing, Worcestershire sauce, rosemary, salt, lemon juice, white vinegar, pepper, and sugar. Let stand for 5 minutes. Place chicken in the bowl, and stir to coat with the marinade. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
2.Preheat the grill for medium-high heat. Thread chicken onto skewers and discard marinade.
3.Lightly oil the grill grate. Grill skewers for 8 to 12 minutes, or until the chicken is no longer pink in the center, and the juices run clear.

I reserved a bit of the marinade and Bailey liked to dip her kabobs into that as she was eating them.

Making the kabobs is a messy thing, with the marinade dripping all over your hands. Try not to let it bug you as it bugged me. Sorry, but chicken contaminated marinade all over my hands just really got to me after a bit. Gives me the heebie-jeebies. But I worked through it. However, I think I shall stick to just making whole chicken breasts from now on.

I used onion, tomatoes, orange and yellow bell peppers, and some yellow squash.



These will really drip on your grill, but they turned out great though.



Let me know if you make this - I think you will like it.

Enjoy!

3 comments:

Donna said...

heebie-jeebies! You made me laugh! Love the Kabobs! I saved the marinade recipe. Those ingredients mixed sound tasty!

Kathy said...

Yummy, i really Love the Kabobs! thanx for the share, keep it up.

Cindy said...

Love all this, thanx for posting all this, looking forward.