Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Snickerdoodles by Wendy

The other day, Kathy from The Noble Pig posted a recipe for Snickerdoodle muffins, which I will be trying at some point. But seeing that post reminded me that I hadn't made snickerdoodles in a very long time. And, they happen to be Bailey's favorite cookie. So, I needed to get busy!


This is a recipe I've had forever, and unfortunately, it is in my handwriting, so I don't know who to credit. However, I made some changes from my handwritten version and I'm gonna call it my own now.


Here's the recipe:
  • 3 3/4 cups flour

  • 1/2 tsp baking soda

  • 1/2 tsp cream of tartar

  • 1 tsp kosher salt

  • 1 cup butter

  • 2 cups sugar

  • 2 eggs

  • 1/4 cup half and half (because that's what I had on hand)

  • 2 tbs cinnamon

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.


Basically mix everything up. I decided to be different I would put the cinnamon in the mix, and not roll the cookies in the typical cinnamon/sugar mixture. Once you have all ingredients mixed together, I used my cookie scoop to make cookie balls, which I then rolled into Sugar in the Raw. Why did I do this instead of normal sugar? Well, I had already put my sugar back into my pantry and it was under something else, whereas the Sugar in the Raw was easily accessible. Also, because apparently my stupid grocery store doesn't carry course sugar, unless it is the same thing as Sugar in the Raw and I take back calling my store stupid. Anyway, it turned out to be great! We loved the crunchiness of the big sugar on the outside of the cookie.


Bake the cookies for 8-9 minutes, until they are golden.








You must give these a try!




No comments: