Saturday, July 17, 2010

Almond Iced Tea



It's super hot here in Texas.

Shocker, I know. Who would have thought Texas in July would be hot?

Last Wednesday I had a tooth pulled.

Let me just say, right here and now

OWWWWWWW!!!! OWWWW!!!!

I'm still really hurting, so I've been eating things like cottage cheese and peaches or yogurt with bananas. It had been a long time since I had cottage cheese with peaches, and I had forgotten how much I liked them together.

Isn't it funny how you forget about certain foods?

But today I wanted something yummy to drink and I knew this tea would hit the spot.

Last weekend my mom, me, Rominal and Bailey went to an open house. They served the best iced tea. It was so good that I had to ask for the recipe. I modified it a bit (you know me - can't leave anything alone).

Here's the recipe - I think you will enjoy it too. It's the perfect drink for a hot day.

You need:
2-3 family size tea bags
1 1/2 cup sugar
6 cups water

Bring these to a boil and let the tea brew in the sugar water for a while.

Mix together
12 ounces of frozen lemonade
3 tsp of almond extract
3 tsp of vanilla extract
6 cups of cold water

Add the tea/sugar water in with the other and chill.

This would be the perfect drink to serve at a luncheon, or summer dinner.

Enjoy!

No comments: