Thursday, May 19, 2011

Kitchen Sink Egg Muffins

5-12-11 (29)
Well, that title doesn't sound appealing at all, does it?

Oh well. That title fits.

If your anything like me, your mornings are hectic. I will sometimes do to much in the morning, thinking it will only take me a few minutes to grab this, or just a few minutes to do that. Before I know it, I've spent an hour doing "just this one little thing" or "while I'm here I should do that" type stuff. So, anything I can get myself to do before hand is a good thing.

5-12-11 (32)
Having my breakfast ready was one of those things I can do ahead of time.

Last week I made these muffins and they were really good, even really good the next couple of days - so I thought I would share them with you.

Here's what I did, and I think the beauty of this recipe is that it can be adapted to fit your likes and dislikes, or to what you have on hand.

For these pictures, I used:

  • 5 Eggs, beaten
  • 1/2 cup cubed pork loin from the dinner before
  • 1 cup chopped up broccoli from the dinner before
  • 1/4 - 1/3 cup shredded cheese

I sprayed a muffin tin with Pam (be sure to do this - even with doing this and using my non-stick muffin pan, they were still a bit difficult to get out).

Mix together the eggs, pork, broccoli, and cheese and add in a bit of salt and pepper. Bake in 375' oven for about 20-25 minutes, but keep an eye on them until they are set in the middle.

5-12-11 (5)

I put my leftovers in the fridge and would take out 1-2 each day for breakfast. Toss them in the microwave and they are yummy! They are pretty low in calories and they keep you full until lunch - another bonus.


5-12-11 (20)

The neat thing is that this would work well with other ingredients as well. Choose your favorite meat and veggie, or just do veggies.

5-12-11 (32)
Enjoy!

1 comment:

Donna said...

Brilliant!! I love this idea. A great healthy option! I am going to keep this in mind when planning my breakfast. I eat at work since I am in the office at 7 am. I am so tired of fiber one cereal and this will be a much tasty option!