Sunday, September 16, 2012

Fall Pumpkin Casserole

DSC_0006

For breakfast, I tend to make one thing (a lot) and then eat it until I'm quite tired of it.  Most recently that has been my homemade granola with yogurt.  I just finished up my last batch, so I was looking for something new to try for this week.

I hadn't made my Pineapple oatmeal bake in a long time, so I thought I'd try to do a fall variation on that.  This is what I came up with and I have to admit, it's quite good.

Here's what you'll need:
  • 1/4 cup of sugar
  • 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
  • 1/2 of a 15oz can of 100% pumpkin (save the other half in the fridge for the next time you make this, which will be later this week because this is good!)
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 1 2/3 cup old fashioned oatmeal (NOT the instant kind)
  • 15oz can of lightly sweetened or unsweetened pears, reserve the juice
I mixed up everything except for the fruit and oatmeal using my hand mixer.  Chop up the pears into nice bite size chunks and then stir in the oatmeal and pear chunks into the mix.

Spray a 9x9 glass pan with cooking spray and pour into the pan.

Bake at 350 for about 35 minutes.

DSC_0002

I keep this in the fridge and cut out a piece each morning.  It microwaves well and makes a quick breakfast.

Enjoy!

No comments: