Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Turkey Enchiladas

more 001 (4)

I served this dish for my Mom's birthday dinner last Saturday. It's a meal that I make quite often, and each time I make it differently. It's one of those flexible things that you can adjust depending on what you have on hand.

02-06 001 (5)

Here's how I made it this time:

1 pound of ground turkey
1 sliced onion
1 can black beans
1 can chopped tomatoes
1 package taco seasoning mix
1 can enchilada sauce
cheese
Cilantro
Tortillas

First I cooked the turkey in a skillet, and added the taco seasoning mix. Once the turkey was cooked, I removed it to a plate, and cooked the onion until they were soft. Then I put the turkey back in, added the tomato and black beans and mixed through. Sometimes I add black olives - in fact, I meant to on this day, I just forgot.

Grease/spray a 9x13 pan. Take a flour tortilla in your hand and pour in some of the meat mixture. Add a sprinkle of cheese, and wrap up the enchilada and put it in the pan. Repeat until all of the mixture is gone.

Pour enchilada sauce over the top and cover with foil.

Here's where you can stop and put it in the fridge if you want to make this ahead of time. If your ready to cook it now - pop it in the oven at 350' for about 30 minutes - until it's all bubbly. Remove the foil and sprinkle cheese on top and put it back in the oven to melt the cheese.

Sprinkle the top with cilantro and you've got dinner!

02-06-10 026

Sorry these pictures aren't better - I forgot to take a "pretty" picture of one on a plate.

I served it with my black beans and cilantro rice, and roasted broccoli with cherry tomatoes.

02-06-10 027

Enjoy!

No comments: