Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Cough, cough

Do you have the swine flu? Nope, none here either.

Our school district has closed all schools this week as a precaution to help prevent the spread of the swine flu. From what I understand, there is just 1 case in the entire county.

So, Bailey is home this week, and she is not happy about it at all. When I was a kid I would have been thrilled with a week out of school! But not my daughter. She's bored to death. She's been reading her books, playing on the Wii, doing my exercise DVD's, and she had a friend over yesterday (so much for keeping the kids separated). Tomorrow I have some laundry that she can do. She can't wait.

I'm quite pleased that she enjoys school so much. I just am so amazed at the difference between her school experiences and mine.

I hope everyone is well out there. Cover your mouth if you sneeze, and wash your hands. This has been your public service announcement for the day.

********************************UPDATE**************************************
Just got a call from the school district (an automated call thingy - they didn't call me personally) and school will resume on Thursday of this week. Good thing we didn't decide to take advantage of the week off and take that vacation to Mexico this week.

No comments: