Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Silence

Did everyone have a wonderful July 4th weekend? We had a great weekend. My family came into town to celebrate my Grandfather's 90th birthday party. Our home came as close to being a hotel as a home could this last weekend. One couple would leave and another couple would move right into their place (I'd wash and change the sheets at least - geeez! What kind of a hotel do you think this is?). I love it when my house is filled with people laughing, eating, and enjoying each other's company. I don't bake goodies anymore (due to my diet) so I loved the opportunity to do some baking as well. The only disappointment the entire weekend was the sparklers that I had gotten for the kids to have on July 4th. They turned out to be duds. It's a sad day when you can't get 50 good sparklers for $.19 anymore! Anyway, thank you to everyone who came out and stayed with us (which is probably anyone who is reading this - I doubt anyone would be reading this unless your in the family). We had a fantastic weekend.

By Monday morning, everyone had left us, including Bailey. She has gone to spend time with her Grandparents in Colorado. She's been looking forward to this trip for a while now. It's great for us, because it means that she won't be sitting at home bored all day. It's also great for Bailey because she gets one-on-one time with her Grandparents. She will be creating wonderful memories that will last forever. I'm in debt to them for hosting her again this summer. Thank you!!

While Bailey is enjoying her time away - Rominal and I will be enjoying our time together and the silence in our house. During the month of July, I'm looking forward to some alone time with Rominal! We can have adult conversation throughout our entire dinner (doesn't mean we will though), we can take the parental controls off of the television for the month so that I can watch whatever bad show I'm trying to watch, I won't have to remind Bailey to take her medicine or brush her teeth (Bailey - you did take your medicine and you did brush your teeth, right?) and, I don't have to cut anyone's meat up (ok, honestly I haven't done that in years, but I was trying to find one more example of being an empty nester). For the month of July, here's what I get to look at each day. I can't think of a more handsome man. Lucky, lucky me.




1 comment:

Erin said...

Thank you both for hosting us! It is definitely a 5-Star hotel when guests are provided with clean sheets AND a sleep number bed! Two thumbs up!