Friday, August 22, 2008

Final word - or is it . . .

Ok - so I really shouldn't post this, but since I opened it up last week I figured what the heck. This week at Weight Watchers I didn't lose anything. Nadda, zero, zilch. I also didn't gain anything, so I do have that to be pleased about. But my cynical side would say that I didn't lose anything because I went and opened my mouth up last week and talked about my weight loss struggles - and I don't really believe that - - or do I? Mooohaahaahaaa (evil laugh)

I'm not too surprised that I didn't lose this week, since I had a big weight loss last week. My body has had the same pattern for a while now, lose big one week, nothing the next, then 0.4 or 0.2 for a couple of weeks and then start all over again. But when your in the nothing week it's hard to remember the bigger weeks. My leader this week had an appropriate message that hit home with me. She was saying that whenever anyone asked you how much weight you have to lose you should always say 5 pounds. 5 pounds is a whole lot easier to grasp than a much larger number. We've all lost 5 pounds at some point in our lives - sometimes in one day if your not feeling good. 5 pounds seems "do-able." For example, if at the beginning of my weight loss journey I was thinking all along that I had to lose 50 pounds I would have gotten discouraged and quit right away. Instead I have focused on each mini-goal and that seems to have worked for me. And I'm not saying that I am going to stop at 50, I'm just using that as a number for now. After all, I only have to lose 5 more pounds. See how well that works?

Anyway, I just thought that in case my 3 readers were checking my blog daily to see if today would be the day that I had made it to 50 pounds lost - well, today ain't it. I said it might take me 4 months - and it looks like that might be the case - but that's ok. Those months will pass no matter what. So, no more posts about weight for a while (unless I change my mind) - just to be sure that I don't jinx it.

One more thing I will pass along that's good from this week - I met with my doctor on Monday and I am now off of one of my blood pressure medicines. I had been taking Cozar for about the last 3 years (I'm guessing - I can't tell you how long I've been on it - could be 5 years for all I know). I'm testing not taking it now - meaning that I've been monitoring my blood pressure now that I haven't taken any this week. My blood pressure has remained consistent and at good numbers - so things are looking good! And the even better part is that Cozar had recently gone up in price - apparently there isn't a generic equivalent and the insurance companies figured that out. So, if I can stay off of this medicine, I'll be saving $50.00 per month! Yeah! Now, the realist in me must say, well, the savings in Cozar will make up for the expense of weight watchers, but I'm not gonna do that. Instead, my realist self and I are going to enjoy a glass of water while I pretend that it is a chocolate malt. Ummmmm, chocolate.

No comments: