Sunday, October 10, 2010

Cupcakes!



Yesterday I wanted to play in the kitchen. So I made cupcakes.

And in honor of my little sister, who just became a Mom on Friday, I made cupcakes with baby blue icing. Bailey thinks the "B" cupcake above is for her, but it's really for baby boy. Shhh, don't tell her.

It's so hard to believe that my little sister is now a mother. I so wish I was there with her and the family to see my new little nephew. I hear he's adorable.

So, since I can't be there in person, I'm baking. Every happy occasion deserves baked goods.

Yeah, I know it doesn't make any sense, but oh well. That's how I roll.

I started with chocolate cupcakes.




And then I went a little crazy.


The sprinkles make the icing crunchy.


And then for the baby blue designs.


I had fun making the swirls.





You will notice that one cupcake is already missing. Bailey!


And a special note to my sister (who won't see this for a while because she just had a baby!) - I am so very happy for you and John. I can't wait to meet your son!
I love you!

5 comments:

Donna said...

So Sweet! Congratulations to the family on your new addition! I love the swirls you made on the cupcakes. Did you make circles then drag a toothpick through them? I have not tried that pattern and it sure is pretty!

Wendy said...

Hi Donna! Yes, to get the swirls I made circles in blue icing and then dragged the toothpick through them first going one direction and then the other. The difficult part is not licking the toothpick after each drag through the icing.

Donna said...

Thanks for the tips. I am going to give this a try on my next cupcake batch. I'm glad you posted photos so I can see what they should look like. That really helps!

Jess said...

I should remember not to visit when I'm craving chocolate. Going to have to make brownies now. Looks delicious!

Reading Allowed said...

Awww your post made me all schmoopy! I really wish you could be here too (especially if you're going to do that kind of baking!). I can't wait for you to meet your nephew! I assure you he is quite charming.

Your cupcakes look fantastic, great baking and great pictures!