Sunday, November 7, 2010

A new purpose!

We have a front room that we don't use very much. It's purpose has changed throughout the years. When we first moved into this house, it was the piano room, because Bailey was taking piano lessons and that's where the piano was.

It's always been where we put up the Christmas tree, because it's in the front of the house and I like to leave the blinds open at night so that people can see the tree lights as they drive by.

This is an old picture, obviously right after Christmas. I can tell by all of the wrapping paper still on the sofa.

Here's another picture. Note the piano on the left - we got that one for free about 10 years ago. It served us well over the years.

More recently, we acquired the electric one you see on the right from my Dad & Bonus Mom. The electric one doesn't require constant tuning, so it's a keeper.



Well, recently we gave this room a new purpose. It's now become my office. This means that Rominal has his own office directly above this room. He can keep his room as messy as he wants.

He prefers to call his room his fortress of solitude. We haven't cleaned it up yet, so no pictures of that room right now. Honestly, you'd thank me for no pictures if you ever saw it.

But, back to my room. Here's my new office!


This room is right by the front door and here I'm looking into the rest of the house.
What you can't see in the picture above is our formal dining room, which is directly to the right. The reason I'm not showing that right now is that there is currently a love seat shoved into the room along with our normal dining room table. We plan on donating that to a charity.

Isn't this nice! My friend Melissa helped me accessorize the shelves.


I have no ability in that area at all, so it's a good thing she helped me out.

We gave away the old piano, but we kept the electric piano. You can see it on the left in the picture below.


Someday I want to have bookcases and a window seat built around the windows in this room. And we'd like to yank out the carpet and put in wood floors as well. That's our future plans.
I'm loving the new room and my new clean desk area. I'm not sure what we will do with the Christmas tree this year, but I'm not worried about that right now.

1 comment:

pk said...

What a lovely room! And such a neat desk - no problem keeping it that way, right?