Tuesday, October 20, 2009

My Weekend - Part 2

So, my fabulous birthday weekend continued into Sunday - when Rominal did ALL of the laundry. I mean he washed, folded, and put away all of the laundry. I didn't have to do any of it.

I just heard every woman out there go, "Ahhhhh!" Sorry people, he's mine.

With Rominal doing the laundry, I had time to play with my birthday present.




Can you guess what it is?






It's a new KitchenAid mixer - the big daddy one. And it looks great covered in flour!

Normally I like to get up early on Sundays and read the newspaper before anyone else in the house gets up. But this time I got up early Sunday morning and couldn't wait to start baking.

The first thing I made were these.




Baked Banana Donuts from The Noble Pig.

I love that her recipes are often healthier than what you would typically find. I would never make donuts for real, because god forbid I should learn how to make something that could potentially be habit forming. And eating donuts shouldn't become a habit - for me at least.

However, these baked donuts were ones that I could enjoy, while feeling good about eating them. And they were fantastic and super easy to make. Give them a try sometime!

2 comments:

Holly (2 Kids and Tired) said...

Ok, Awesome husband there. And that mixer? I'm salivating with jealousy! Love it!!

(I came over from Tasty Kitchen.)

Donna said...

Oh, my goodness~ I got a KitchenAid last week for my anniversary! I am in love with it!
Love your photos!