Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Merry Christmas - (way late!)

Merry Christmas everyone! Yes, I know I'm way behind on posting. I've been quite busy - as usual. So, here's a recap.

We spent Christmas Eve at my Mom and her husband, Howard's house. It's our tradition to go there that night for dinner. Here's my mom - adorable as ever.

Rominal and Bailey are looking pretty cute as well.

Bailey is especially cute and polite. She thinks there are presents for her under the tree.

Here's me and Rominal, right before we start opening presents.


And another one of Bailey - she's playing Santa by handing out the gifts.

Each year my Mom has given Bailey a challenge to find her final "big" gift. In the past Mom would write a poem or lyric that would lead Bailey from one part of the house to the other, each time finding more clues.

This year she gave Bailey a couple of lines from two popular songs (that Bailey knows well) and gave Bailey the option of which song she would sing for her gift. It was quite fun to watch.

Bailey sang the song, "1,2,3,4" by the Plain White T's. In case you are not familiar with it, here it is:



Of course, Bailey did it without any music and she was quite good.

Well, Mom didn't let me slide on this new tradition.

Bailey and I had to sing our rendition of "Single Ladies" before I could get my last present. Luckily for me, Rominal's cell phone video of this event was lost.

Trust me, it's a good thing.

Rominal was not spared from the singing either. He had to sing the first song we danced to at our wedding, 21 years ago, before he could get his present. It was "Forever in My Life" by Prince.

Here's Rominal serenading me.



I would certainly understand if many of you out there are not familiar with this song. After all - it is pretty old now. Just in case you can't quite remember it, here it is for you.

I should say that there isn't really a video to this - just the song from the album.


After Rominal had successfully completed his task, he was rewarded with his gift.

We hope you had a wonderful Christmas and everyone got to spend time with their loved ones.

1 comment:

Reading Allowed said...

Bwahahaha I wish I could have been there for your Single Ladies rendition! And it looks like Rominal was getting into his song! How fun :)