Monday, March 23, 2009

Home

Well, we are home. We had a wonderful time. Unfortunately, the realities of coming home from a vacation are now setting in. Mounds of laundry, piles of mail, bills to be paid, groceries to be bought, stupid cooking projects due for Bailey's class, etc. Honestly, she had to make a potato dish to take to school today. GRRRRR. That meant going to the store and buying things (not that I didn't have to do that anyway - it was just one more thing to do last night).

Since I didn't post any in the last couple of days, I'll fill you in very quickly. We drove up to the Grand Canyon on Friday. It was beautiful, amazing, and awe inspiring - I can't say enough about it. We left early Saturday morning to start the long drive back home. After about 10 hours of driving, we arrived in Amarillo and a 2 hour time difference - and not in our favor. I'm still feeling the loss of those 2 hours. Sunday, we got up and drove the rest of the way home. I'll be going through the pictures and I'll post some more later.

One funny thing, last night Rominal and I were joking about how in four consecutive nights we will have slept in four different beds - Scottsdale, Grand Canyon, Amarillo and finally our own bed. When Rominal came to bed last night I woke up a bit and started talking. Apparently I do this often and normally he just says, "uh huh" and other quieting noises and gets me to go back to sleep. However, last night I was so disoriented that I couldn't figure out where we were. I was asking him where he came from. When I am in my bed I can see two doors, one is the entry into our bedroom and the other is the door to our bathroom. I had to ask him where the bathroom was, because I honestly had no idea, and I needed to know. I guess when I asked him that he gave me a real answer and I woke up enough to remember where we were.

No comments: