Wednesday, November 18, 2009

What's that I smell?

Our weather in these parts was nice and sunny last week, and now it is quite chilly. This morning it was 37 degrees outside. That's my idea of darn near perfect, but I do like the cold.

Last night after work I had just a few minutes to acquire dinner and scarf it down before I had an evening meeting I had to attend. I stopped at the grocery store to try to find something already prepared and suitable to be called dinner.

You will be interested to know that I settled on some yucky fried chicken for me and hubby, and Bailey had sushi. Not raw sushi, because it is a grocery store and not a sushi restaurant, but California rolls.

Anyway, as I was walking briskly towards the entrance of the grocery store (I walked briskly because it was chilly) I overheard a little boy say to his mother that it smelled like Christmas outside. I stopped and smelled the air and he was right. It did smell like Christmas in the air. I stood outside for just a second and breathed in the smell of crackling fireplaces and hot chocolate.

Luckily, I did not smell the frantic last minute shopping.

No comments: