Friday, November 20, 2009

Think you had a bad day?

My poor hubby. What a day he had yesterday.

It all went well until it was time for him to leave work to come home. I should start by saying that he works in downtown Dallas. We do not live anywhere near downtown Dallas. So, his daily commute consists of driving 30-45 minutes to the bus station and then riding the bus another 30-45 minutes until he gets to work. He does the same thing coming home.

Luckily for him, he doesn't mind being in the car and in all of that traffic. Me? I'd have pulled out all of my hair by now.

Yesterday he called me as he was walking to his bus stop around 5:45 to catch the 6:00pm bus home. Bailey and I were out running errands so we made plans for him to pick up something that resembled dinner on the way home.

Around 6:20pm, he texted me saying that the bus still hadn't arrived. He said that there were other people standing around waiting as well. We joked around and he said he was fine.

Around 7:15pm, he said it was time for me to start driving downtown to pick him up. Again, in the perfect of traffic conditions, this is about an hour drive. Bailey and I head that way.

About 15 minutes later, he calls to say that the bus has arrived and he is now on the bus. Yeah! Bailey and I head back home.

About 30 minutes or so later, he calls to say that he is finally in his car, driving the remaining 30 minutes to our house. As we are talking on the phone, guess what . . . Can you guess? What would make this day even better?

Yup, he gets pulled over.

Turns out that there is a stop sign when you pull out of the bus station that he didn't completely stop at. He will argue (and has argued to me) that this turn is like a chute that makes you go one way onto an access road and merge into traffic. He said that it is more of a yield and no one stops there. He said that there was no one around, well, except for the police officer hiding in the dark between some buildings up the road a bit.

He was issued a ticket for $215.00 for not stopping.

He arrived home around 8:30, very tired, and even more cranky.

In case you missed it, this is not his first run-in with the law. Read here, and the follow up here if you'd like to catch up.

I'll keep you posted as to how this all plays out, and if he will continue to take the bus to work.

1 comment:

The Dad said...

That does indeed qualify as a Very Bad Day. I wish this would help more than it will, but give him a hug for us and tell him we love him. Because we do.