Thursday, August 26, 2010

First Day in London -recap

Here's what I originally posted on our first day in London:

We have had a full day in London today. We arrived at Pax Lodge, checked in, and then found a red bus tour. It was a great way to see a lot of London while sitting. We are so tired right now that a bus tour was the perfect thing.
We are at a restaurant now and then will go back to our rooms for the night.

I'm really looking forward to a good nights sleep.
Sent via BlackBerry

Here's some pictures from that day:

This is some of our group walking from Pax Lodge to the Underground station. Of course, it was raining.



Some of our group on the double decker bus tour. It was a great way to get a feel for London, especially when we were tired and it was raining.



Our first trip over the Thames river.


Driving through London - on the wrong side of the road!


Our first glimpse of Big Ben.



I'll be posting pictures from the trip for the next couple of days.

I am still fighting jet lag. I wake up around 1:30am and I'm a bit confused as to where I am. The first couple of nights I was home Rominal said that I would say in my sleep, "hello? Who's there? Are you a kid?" I have to admit, for a couple of nights I wasn't real sure who I was sleeping next to or where I was. Hopefully I've got that figured out now.

No comments: